Saturday, August 29, 2026

doors at Los Cerrillos

Today we drove "The Turquoise Trail" which is described as a 50-65 mile scenic drive along New Mexico Highway 14 that connects Albuquerque and Santa Fe.

And as usual we re-visited places we'd been to before and we traveled some roads we had never seen before.

One of the places we revisited was the town of Los Cerrillos. When we entered the town I remembered taking pictures of two doors in a salmon colored wall. I found those doors and took their picture... again. Both pictures are below.

One picture is from today August 29, 2026 and the other from January 15, 2018. Today the high temperature was about 95 (F). I expect the temp in January 2018 was much cooler

The door has changed. What changes to you see.

And I have changed. What differences do you see in how the pictures were composed? How has the processing changed?

In 2018 there were stones leading from the door. These stones no longer exist. Given the stones I expect that I wanted them included in the shot so I "went vertical" an the composition was "portrait". Today there were no stones that begged to be in the picture and I "went horizontal" or what is called "landscape".

In 2018 I boosted the color. Today, not so much. 

Which do you like best?

As usual, eventually the new door will be added to the website www.davidarment.photos






 Today Saturday August 29, 2026


January 15, 2018

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A pity the stones were gone but still great pictures. I have some pics color enhanced but looking back at them, I still prefer the more natural color the camera sees. Great job Save, be careful out there!