These are some of the pictures from the last two days. I may add more as I process the photographs so maybe you should check back if you like these. The new ones will go at the bottom.
And, as always, all of these will end up on www.davidarment.photos, but that will take a while for me to get done.
I hope you enjoy the images and some of the information.
If you have any questions, please get let me know.
This is the Clear Light Opera House as found in Los Cerrillos, New Mexico.
As you can see, there's a white plaque off to the right side of the building. Here's what the plaque says:
Built in 1881, the opera house was built by Stephen B. Elkins to encourage the development of his new town. It was acquired prior to 1884 by William C. Hurt, an ex-Confederate soldier from Tennessee who had come to New Mexico for his health. Many famous traveling entertainers performed in Hurt's hall. W. C. Hurt operated a general store in Cerrillos until his death in 1889. The Cerrillos Masonic Lodge, which had been using the hall for meetings, purchased this building for $305 from widow Maude L. Hurt on September 21st, 1903. The sign shows that it was placed by the Cerrillos Historical Society.
There is another post on these doors that I created today, so I won't say more about these doors here.
Antique Nighty Eight in Old Town Albuquerque. August 28,
Old sign on a building in Madrid, NM. Pam thinks it says "Sears Robuck Co". Maybe it does? I think there is a paint can at the bottom. What do you think?
Old house Madrid, NM August 29, 2026
Doors to Artist's house in Los Cerrillos, NM August 29, 2026
Door and Walls, Los Cerrillos, NM August 29, 2026
Steeple at the Catholic Church, Los Cerrillos, NM, August 29, 2026
In the garden, Catholic Church, Los Cerrillos, NM August 29, 2026.
Chevrolet Bel Aire, Madrid, NM, August 29, 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment